BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jaecheverrys
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I am Julian and I need to produce a table that shows the layout you can see in this picture.

foto tabla.JPG

Using the following PROC TABULATE program in SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 – 32 bits I’ve been able to produce all the  columns except for the “Cumulative % of the Sum_Var2” one.

PROC TABULATE DATA= Julian.Mydata NOSEPS ;
         TITLE1 'Table 3';
   WEIGHT weight_var;
   CLASS  category_var / PRELOADFMT EXCLUSIVE;
   VAR Var1 Var2;
         TABLE (ALL='TOTAL' category_var=' '),
               (SUM='Sum_Var1'*Var1=' '*ALL=' '*F=COMMAX16.0
     SUM='Sum_Var2'*Var2=' '*F=dollar16.0
     MEAN='Mean_Var2'*Var2=' '*F=dollar16.0
     COLPCTSUM='% of the Sum_Var2'*Var2=' ')
      /RTS=25 PRINTMISS BOX='Categories' CONDENSE;
FORMAT category_var category_var.;
FOOTNOTE 'Source';
RUN;

Do you know a method to create that column without losing the visual features of the PROC TABULATE?

Thanks. I will be looking forward to your help.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

If you are attempting what I think you want then you can't do that in Tabulate as a single step. The percent calculations have to use either the n or sum of a table, row or column and cannot do sum or row1 and row2.

So you may have to presummarize everything. Without specific data and actual expectation I can't get more specific for suggestions on how.

mkeintz
PROC Star

You could use ODS OUTPUT to write the tabulate table to a dataset.  Then create the cum_pct var from the PCT var, followed by a proc print.  Here's a schematic:

ods output tabulate.report.table=MYTABLE; proc tabulate data=mydata ; class ...; var ...; table .... ; run; ods output close; /* Assume the pct var name is var2_pctsum_0_var2 */ data want; set mytable; cumpct+var2-pctsum_0_var2; run; proc print data=want; .... run;
--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation