BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
no_hassles
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Community.

I am trying to add column heading descriptions in my PROC REPORT. I would use FOOTNOTE statement but I have more than 10 columns to describe so I would exceed the number of footnotes SAS allows. I am looking into the LINE statement. I am having trouble implementing the LINE statement and I am looking for examples to study. I would like to see examples PROC REPORT implementing the LINE statement at the bottom of each page or at the end of the document. All of my column data is display data so there are no compute variables.

The LINE statements in the attached SAS code do not start printing in the PDF output until page 7 of the output. I would include the output but I can't release the data to the public.

Thanks,

Stephen Dybas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

As far as the "endnotes" goes if you have too many things to fit comfortable into footnotes then perhaps put the information into a data set and use either proc print or report with that data set.

Or use ESCAPECHAR to add additional lines to the footnotes

ods escapechar='^';
proc print data=sashelp.class;

footnote1 "This is a foot note ^{newline} that breaks across ^{newline} multiple lines";
footnote2 "and this is the text of footnote2";
run;
footnote;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

As far as the "endnotes" goes if you have too many things to fit comfortable into footnotes then perhaps put the information into a data set and use either proc print or report with that data set.

Or use ESCAPECHAR to add additional lines to the footnotes

ods escapechar='^';
proc print data=sashelp.class;

footnote1 "This is a foot note ^{newline} that breaks across ^{newline} multiple lines";
footnote2 "and this is the text of footnote2";
run;
footnote;
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Find below a sample which shows some additional possibilities to add text to the report

ods escapechar="~";
title "This is the title";
footnote1 "FOOTNOTE1 this is the footnote";
footnote2 "FOOTNOTE2 This text~{NEWLINE}is split over two lines";
proc report data=sashelp.cars;
  column origin make model horsepower;
  define origin / order ;
  define make / order;
  define model / display;
  define horsepower / display;

break after make / page;

compute after _page_/ style={just=left};
    line "this is the first LINE, after";
    line "this is the second LINE, after";
  endcomp;
  compute before _page_/ style={just=left};
    line "this is the first LINE, before";
    line "this is the second LINE, before";
  endcomp;

run;
no_hassles
Calcite | Level 5
Thank for the response. The ODS escape character worked out as the most flexible. The compute before and after example is also good to know.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation