BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have to Do few Source to Staging Transformations those are Derived Delta Stagey(CDC) ,
Ho can i do this in SAS DI 3.4, Because in 3.4 we do not have any Specific Data Transforms for CDC,
BTW i am an Oracle ETL developer, not so Good at SAS DI , Please explain me in the way how can i understand (Thank you For your Kindness) - My Exposure to SAS DI is only one month.

TIA - SASBaby Message was edited by: SASbaby
8 REPLIES 8
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
You have to describe in more detail how your Derived Delta Strategy will work, on a higher level. Is your source Oracle? Will there be logging, or some timestamps in the source tables?

Without this information, is not possible to help you out with DI Studio details.

Regards, Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
Source FieldS:

CAR_KIND_ID CHAR(2)
DESCRIPTION VARCHAR2(254)
MOD_BY VARCHAR2(60)
MOD_DATE DATE

Target Fields:

ALTER_TS TIMESTAMP(6)
UPDATE_TYPE CHAR(1)
CAR_KIND_ID CHAR(2)
DESCRIPTION VARCHAR2(254)
MOD_BY VARCHAR2(60)
MOD_DATE DATE
STG_CREATE_DT DATE
STG_ETL_PROCESS_DT DATE
STG_ETL_PROCESS_IND VARCHAR2(2)

Both Source & Target are Oracle Data.,
Please let me know if you Need any other Informations.
TIA
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
So, it seems that have a defined column for last modification.
I suggest that you use a Pre-step to create macro variabl(-es) (perhaps based on a &SYSPARM value or some other logic) so that you can build a dynamic where clause in a SAS Extract object in the process flow.

Be aware of that Oracle DATE type will interpreted as SAS DATETIME (the time part will be padded as 0:00:00).

Hope this helps,

Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
I do not have defined column for last modification in the Source Data?

More Over How can i DO this
Pre-step to create macro variabl(-es) (perhaps based on a &SYSPARM value or some other logic) so that you can build a dynamic where clause in a SAS Extract object in the process flow

I am sorry I am new to SAS .

Thanks
SB
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
My experience is that is very hard (impossible?) to run a SAS DI project without having someone to some SAS programming tasks, such as this. I can try to tell you how to do this, but my guess is that you will run into new obstacles where you need to have some basic SAS programming skills. So try to involve a SAS programmer to this utility stuff in your ETL jobs.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
In Our Shop we do not have any SAS programmer, I am the One suppose to get training also. In the mean time if you just show some light that will be great help.

All i want to know is how much Programming should i know for using SAS DI ?

TIA-SB
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
First some basic knowledge on SAS in the operating environment, how start SAS in batch, system options, search paths etc.

For SAS programming, you will probably some here and there, how much depends on project size and level of difficulty (data, transformation rules, target model...). I should say 2-3 SAS programming classes to start with.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank You So Much. SB

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation