BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JackSmith
Calcite | Level 5
I am using this simple code to get an email notification, but i get an error. Can some one please help me

filename notify email "xxxxx@yahoo.com" subject = "Job Completed";
data _null_;
file notify;
put "The reports have been created successfully."; run;

ERROR: Undetermined I/O failure.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
What is your SAS OS platform? SAS version? Is SAS running locally on your machine or on a remote server system? Possibly there are individual ports that are unavailable to you to use, likely SMTP EMAIL (outgoing) port maybe? The code you have shared appears correct syntactically. You will want to use PROC OPTIONS to check your EMAILSYS and other EMAIL-related parameters.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
JackSmith
Calcite | Level 5
SAS windows XP; sas 9.2 version, yes i am running on my single machine
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You may want to start out by reviewing the OPTIONS FILEMSGS; parameter - the Google advanced search argument below locates some SAS support website matches:

options filemsgs email error site:sas.com

Otherwise you may need to contact SAS support, if it appears unusual that you should (or should not) be able to generate outgoing EMAILs, based on the experience within your own office and network. It also may be worth contacting your network and mail admin team to inquire whether they think that it's feasible for you to being sending EMAILs out from a SAS environment.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
In addition to Scott's comments, check this thread
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=5850

The EMAILSYS parameters are not automatically set. You have to specify the name of the SMTP gateway you are using.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation