BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm trying to create a data file but when I try with a specific table this is the error I get

ERROR: Unexpected ERROR from SHRWTSK6 detected by TERMINATE WORK TASK in "DATASTEP"(3):  ERROR: Termination due to Floating

Point Exception

data temp_at ;

set shareTemp.temp (type=audit) ;

run ;

This is on a SAS/share.   Other tables on that share with audit set work fine.

Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

You should report this to Tech. Support. You can submit a problem report by clicking the submit a problem report link at the bottom of this page.

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your reply.  I will speak with my lead and have him submit it to SAS.

Have you seen this error before? I can't seem to find any information on this exact error.  There are ones that are almost the same but not with Floating Point.

Thank you

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

I don't know anything specific about this error. I just know that SAS should never fail with a floating point exception. This kind of error should always be reported to Tech. Support. They may be able to recommend a work-around or otherwise provide a fix.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation