Help using Base SAS procedures

Getting an ERROR: Unexpected ERROR from SHRWTSK6 detected by TERMINATE WORK TASK in "DATASTEP"(3): ERROR: Termination due to Floating Point Exception

Super Contributor

Getting an ERROR: Unexpected ERROR from SHRWTSK6 detected by TERMINATE WORK TASK in "DATASTEP"(3): ERROR: Termination due to Floating Point Exception

I'm trying to create a data file but when I try with a specific table this is the error I get

ERROR: Unexpected ERROR from SHRWTSK6 detected by TERMINATE WORK TASK in "DATASTEP"(3):  ERROR: Termination due to Floating

Point Exception

data temp_at ;

set shareTemp.temp (type=audit) ;

run ;

This is on a SAS/share.   Other tables on that share with audit set work fine.

Thank you for any help.

Super Contributor

Re: Getting an ERROR: Unexpected ERROR from SHRWTSK6 detected by TERMINATE WORK TASK in "DATASTEP"(3): ERROR: Termination due to Floating Point Exception

Posted in reply to jerry898969

You should report this to Tech. Support. You can submit a problem report by clicking the submit a problem report link at the bottom of this page.

Super Contributor

Re: Getting an ERROR: Unexpected ERROR from SHRWTSK6 detected by TERMINATE WORK TASK in "DATASTEP"(3): ERROR: Termination due to Floating Point Exception

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your reply.  I will speak with my lead and have him submit it to SAS.

Have you seen this error before? I can't seem to find any information on this exact error.  There are ones that are almost the same but not with Floating Point.

Thank you

Super Contributor

Posted in reply to jerry898969

I don't know anything specific about this error. I just know that SAS should never fail with a floating point exception. This kind of error should always be reported to Tech. Support. They may be able to recommend a work-around or otherwise provide a fix.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation