BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
elizeusf210
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I am testing 24 compounds and accessing their mortality (%) under a pest. I am using the proc GENMOD with dist binomial and link logit. I would like to know if it is possible to make multiple comparisons, similar to Tukey in ANOVA, to compare these insecticides. Which PROC should I use? Thanks in advance.

Elizeu (beginner user)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You didn't say waht version of SAS you are using nor what your model looks like. That might make a difference.

Here is some sample data and code. Perhaps you can modify it for your needs:

data data1;
input Compound Success Trials Explanatory;
datalines;
 1 20 30 10
 2 10 18  8
 3 15 30  5
 4 20 55  5
 5  5 60  3
11 20 28  9
12 11 16  8
13 14 25  6
14 18 45  4
15  7 54  2
;

proc genmod data= data1;
class Compound;
model Success/Trials = compound /link=logit dist=binomial;
lsmeans Compound / adjust=tukey pdiff plots=diff;
run;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I'm not an expert in multiple comparisons, but I think you can do this with the LSMEANS statement, which supports the ADJUST= option.

For more complicated comparisons, you can read about the LSMESTIMATE statement in Kiernan et al (2011) "CONTRAST and ESTIMATE Statements Made Easy: The LSMESTIMATE Statement "  The paper contains many examples. Maybe you will find one that looks like your data.

elizeusf210
Fluorite | Level 6

Rick_SAS thank you so much. I will read this material. 

elizeusf210
Fluorite | Level 6

"The option is not supported by the procedures that perform chi-square-based inference (GENMOD, LOGISTIC, PHREG, and SURVEYLOGISTIC)."

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/68162/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_intro

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You didn't say waht version of SAS you are using nor what your model looks like. That might make a difference.

Here is some sample data and code. Perhaps you can modify it for your needs:

data data1;
input Compound Success Trials Explanatory;
datalines;
 1 20 30 10
 2 10 18  8
 3 15 30  5
 4 20 55  5
 5  5 60  3
11 20 28  9
12 11 16  8
13 14 25  6
14 18 45  4
15  7 54  2
;

proc genmod data= data1;
class Compound;
model Success/Trials = compound /link=logit dist=binomial;
lsmeans Compound / adjust=tukey pdiff plots=diff;
run;

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

A search of the doc revelas that the phrase "The option is not supported by..." appears in the ADJDFE= option. Don't use that option. Use ADJUST=TUKEY  (or whatever other method you want).

elizeusf210
Fluorite | Level 6

That is right. My mistake. Thank you for your patience!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation