BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nrk1787db1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I need to use PROC GCHART to generate some charts on z/Os mainframe. When I run the code below in interactive SAS window, I get a a message "No device name has been given--please enter device name:"

PROC GCHART DATA=SASHELP.CLASS ;
  PIE AGE ;                      
 RUN ;                           

I assign the device to "GIF" and it works fine. After that I need to transfer the output file from z/Os Mainframe to PC to view it.

I want to know if there is a way where we can see the output in z/Os mainframe screen itself so that transferring the file everytime during testing can be avoided.

Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
Keith73
SAS Employee

So far as I know, z/OS doesn't have a viewer for GIF images, so you'll have to transfer your image files to your PC to view them.  However, if you're using an emulator on your PC to access z/OS, you should be able to use the WBROWSE command to open the SAS Remote Browser and view the file.  Here's a link to the documentation for the WBROWSE command:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/hosto390/68955/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1kr9eav5k7rm3n1n...

If you don't have the SAS Remote Browser set up, you'll probably have to continue transferring your files to your PC for viewing.

Keith

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation