Help using Base SAS procedures

Function TRANSWRD in SAS EG

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Function TRANSWRD in SAS EG

Is function TRANSWRD not recognized in SAS EG? If so how can I replace words/characters in a string with other words/characters?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-27-2017 09:05 AM
Super User

Re: Function TRANSWRD in SAS EG

The correct spelling is TRANWRD and yes it works in EG. Please bear in mind that the full functionality of Base SAS is available via EG. If your Base SAS code works OK in another SAS client interface then it will work in EG.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-27-2017 09:05 AM
Super User

The correct spelling is TRANWRD and yes it works in EG. Please bear in mind that the full functionality of Base SAS is available via EG. If your Base SAS code works OK in another SAS client interface then it will work in EG.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks SASKiwi - I was also trying to run TRANWRD outside the data step then I realized that I should use %sysfunc.!

Super User

EG is a thin client that's used to access SAS running on a server usually. You can find the version using:

%put &sysvlong;

Once you know your version, you can check the documentation for the relevant functions that are available to you. 

Here's the 9.4 documentation for TRANWRD. You can also see all other functions in the left hand pane. 

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lefunctionsref&docsetTarget=p0pgemqcslm9uen1tvr5gcrusgrw.htm&...

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation