Help using Base SAS procedures

Extracting data from Quick Books

Contributor

Extracting data from Quick Books

Hi Friends.,

I have data in Quick Books(it's set of software solutions designed to manage payroll, inventory, sales and other needs of a small business.)

how to extract the data from Quick Books

Thanks in Advance.....
Respected Advisor

Re: Extracting data fromn Quick Books

According to this links http://www.quicklabs.com/Integration/qbintegration.html,
http://www.qodbc.com/qodbc.htm there should be possibilities using ODBC.
Do you have the SAS/Access to ODBC interface? And what version of Quick Book under which OS are you speaking about?
Contributor

Re: Extracting data fromn Quick Books

Hi Patrick.,

Am not suppose to install any software in system. Is there any another way to write code either .NET or any......

Premier edition for Quick Book 2008 under 2003 OS server.
N/A

Re: Extracting data from Quick Books

Not sure if this will work for you, but I recently needed to download financial info from Quicken (with which I am not familiar and have no one to help me). I ended up finding a report that contained the info I needed (which was a major accomplishment in itself) and when I opened the Print screen I noticed the 'print to file' option. Somehow I was able to generate a .csv or .txt file (I can't remember which). If you can do that, you can import it into SAS.

Sorry if this is a little vague, but by the time I was finished I was ready to tear my hair out and probably couldn't do it again if my life depended upon it.

Good luck.
Super Contributor

You should be able to extract the data in an .IIF or .CSV file from QuickBooks, then read it as a flat file. This is under File -> Utilities -> export if I remember correctly.
Contributor

Hi Flip.,

my exact problem is, i have a data in the form of application like (Invoice).
In that quantity and rate per each quantity is available.

i required these two fields from Quick Books. but unable to get the data from invoice.
Contributor

Hi Liz.,

For me there is no option called Print to File.
and thanks for u'r co operation.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation