BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Scottcom4
Calcite | Level 5
Good Morning All,

I have an existing XLS file that is in excess of 250mb and is becoming less and less user friendly. There are over 50 pivot tables in this document that the end user still requires which now takes 10 minutes to open. If we convert this file to XLSM then everything opens quickly and the file size is reduced substantially, however the report is automated and is immediately sent to the user upon it's completetion at 6am (when the user begins his day), and therefore it is not practical for me to re-open the XLS file and re-save it as XLSM. I am using 9.1.3 and my understanding is that it can not output to XLSX, hence my question: "Is it possible to export to XLSX using a work around?".

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Scott
1 REPLY 1
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
I reckon you have to tell excel to do the translation and create a new file.

This can be automated in 2 ways:
- DDE commands sent from sas to excel
- a VBS script that drives excel in pretty much the same way. The script could be started by sas upon completion of the XLS export.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation