BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
avinash_reddy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm looking for solution to convert a SAS enterprise miner project into SAS enterprise guide project. The reason behind this is that, currently for few projects i've data extraction and maipulation steps in SAS EG before and after building a model using SAS enterprise miner. Everytime whenver I need to score a new data set i've to go through various steps for simple operation. It would be greatly helpful if anyone could suggest a way to export project from SAS EM to SAS EG.

I tried "Export path as SAS program" option in EM to do this but when I try to run the code by changing library references it didn't work. 

The versions of the tools that i'm using are:

SAS enterprise guide 5.1

SAS enterprise miner client 7.1

Thank you in Advance.

Regards,

Avinash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can't convert an EM project to an EG project as EM projects use functionality only available in EM. EM generated code will fail outside of EM.

Scoring code can be exported though as Reeza has stated. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User
You can export the Score code and implement that in EG, you don't need EM for scoring section.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You can't convert an EM project to an EG project as EM projects use functionality only available in EM. EM generated code will fail outside of EM.

Scoring code can be exported though as Reeza has stated. 

avinash_reddy
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for the suggestion. I found that score code can exported using "Score Export Node" which is not available in my EM and I don't have access to source files to enable this option. Could you please suggest any procedure / way to do this?
Reeza
Super User
Contact tech support, I think that feature should be available in all EM projects. Did you connect it to final model in the process flow? Or perhaps your process flow has something that prevents it from being valid?
avinash_reddy
Fluorite | Level 6

I cannot even see the node under the options in 'utility' tab.

I refereed to the below link for the solution.

http://support.sas.com/kb/44/880.html

I'll contact my IT team for enabling the option.

Thank you for your suggestion 🙂

Reeza
Super User
If they're making changes see if you can get an upgrade, 7.1 is old.
RyanKCarr
SAS Employee

Actually, this should work fine.  I've exported Enterprise Miner flows as .sas programs and run them in Enterprise Guide, in batch non-interactive processes and even from a Stored Process called via Excel with SAS Addin for Microsoft Office.

What error(s) are you getting?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation