Help using Base SAS procedures

Export to worbook using SAS 9.2

Super Contributor

Export to worbook using SAS 9.2

I have code to do this but it only works for other versions of sas. Is there a way this can be done using 9.2?

PROC Star

Re: Export to worbook using SAS 9.2

I presume you mean Excel workbook.  What code are you using? What operating system are you on? Do you license SAS/Export for PC File Formats? Is your Excel 32 bit, but your SAS is 64 bit?

Contributor

Please share the sample code which you are using to generate the workbook.As Arthur query,workbook means excel right!!!!

Super Contributor

Yes, Excel workbook, am using windows operating system. Excel is 32 bit and SAS is 64 i think since under software info it says 64X. Don't think I have SAS/Export license. Code is

Proc export data = file1

outfile = "location.xls"

DBMS = xls replace;

run;

Thanks

PROC Star

Since you say it ran on previous versions of SAS there is a chance that you license but no one installed SAS/Access for PC file formats. A quick way to see if that is the problem would be to see if you do license it:

proc setinit noalias;

run;

Super Contributor

Hi Arthur

I ran that and it appears we don't hae the license. We just have Base Product and 'SAS Workspace Server for Local Access'. Without the license I presume it is not possible?

Contributor

Please use DBMS=excel replace; in your code

Super Contributor

Hi Pravin

That doesn't work unfortunately - i get an error message that reads "DBMS type EXCEL is not valid for export"

SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you have a "bitness" mismatch, such as SAS 64 bit and Office 32 bit, you sometimes need a "helper" application called the PC File Server to aid in doing imports and exports. When you use the PC File Server, the DBMS= option needs to be DBMS=EXCELCS. Under some circumstances, DBMS=XLS might work, but I don't remember whether the REPLACE and SHEET= work with these 2 different options. To figure out exactly what you need to do given your software installation, Office configuration and bitness mismatch, I recommend working with Tech Support. Especially since you also have a Workspace Server involved in your configuration, you might have the BI Platform or Office Analytics and that could complicate the answer.

cynthia

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation