BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
brophymj
Quartz | Level 8

I have code to do this but it only works for other versions of sas. Is there a way this can be done using 9.2?

8 REPLIES 8
art297
Opal | Level 21

I presume you mean Excel workbook.  What code are you using? What operating system are you on? Do you license SAS/Export for PC File Formats? Is your Excel 32 bit, but your SAS is 64 bit?

PravinMishra
Quartz | Level 8

Please share the sample code which you are using to generate the workbook.As Arthur query,workbook means excel right!!!!

brophymj
Quartz | Level 8

Yes, Excel workbook, am using windows operating system. Excel is 32 bit and SAS is 64 i think since under software info it says 64X. Don't think I have SAS/Export license. Code is

Proc export data = file1

outfile = "location.xls"

DBMS = xls replace;

run;

Thanks

art297
Opal | Level 21

Since you say it ran on previous versions of SAS there is a chance that you license but no one installed SAS/Access for PC file formats. A quick way to see if that is the problem would be to see if you do license it:

proc setinit noalias;

run;

brophymj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Arthur

I ran that and it appears we don't hae the license. We just have Base Product and 'SAS Workspace Server for Local Access'. Without the license I presume it is not possible?

PravinMishra
Quartz | Level 8

Please use DBMS=excel replace; in your code

brophymj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Pravin

That doesn't work unfortunately - i get an error message that reads "DBMS type EXCEL is not valid for export"

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you have a "bitness" mismatch, such as SAS 64 bit and Office 32 bit, you sometimes need a "helper" application called the PC File Server to aid in doing imports and exports. When you use the PC File Server, the DBMS= option needs to be DBMS=EXCELCS. Under some circumstances, DBMS=XLS might work, but I don't remember whether the REPLACE and SHEET= work with these 2 different options. To figure out exactly what you need to do given your software installation, Office configuration and bitness mismatch, I recommend working with Tech Support. Especially since you also have a Workspace Server involved in your configuration, you might have the BI Platform or Office Analytics and that could complicate the answer.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation