BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tarun
Calcite | Level 5

Hi again all,

Does anyone know how, using the Export File step in an EG project, to include a variable value in the output filename?  For example, if the report prompts for a favorite colour and I pick Red, I'd like for Red to appear in the filename of the saved report.

Thanks again!

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

If you've created your prompt as &color then take the export code and modify it so that its something like the following:

proc export data=have out=&color._output....

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Tarun,

Reeza's approach won't work with the point-n-click interface to the EGuide export file task.  It would only work with hard-coding for exporting SAS datasets.

I've never been able to do it, but would love to know how.  I've also tried to include the macro value in the result name to no success.  It may be an item for a SAS Ballot.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation