BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ocauser
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all

I'm accessing remotely to a server (A), which has the Enterprise guide installed. In Enterprise Guide, I'm using a profile(connection) to a sas server in another machine(B), where are all the libraries.

The server(A) has the following installations:

Enterprise Guide 5.1 (64bit)

Integration Technologies Configuration

Manage Sas File Types

Install Qualification Tool

(sas_instalations.png)

(1)

I have developed a simple *.egp file in EG (A), which access a data-set, do a query builder transformation, and do a export step to a csv file in the server (A).

I have generated the VBS, and I'm trying to execute that in a Command Line Session, with the 64bit windows cscript and I'm having an error.

"Permission Denied"

C:\windows\system32\cscript.exe H:\Filipe_Vieira\DEVS\EGScript9.vbs ( this is the command I'm using)

(2)

I am now using a credentials.xml file, that's in the following location (according to sas troubleshooting page)

%allusersprofile%\SAS\SharedSettings\5.1\credentials.xml

the code of my credentials.xml is:

<xml FileVersion="5.1">

<credentials>

<server name="SASApp" userid="XXXXXX" password="{SAS002}1XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXCB"/>

</credentials>

</xml>

(3)

I've built a egp file to pwencode my user password in a program, which i then use in the credentials.xml file. This is the code I'm using there:

proc pwencode in='MyPassword'; run;

(4)

I have debuged the problem a bit and found that the problem starts with a CreateObject statement. In the meanwhile, I have reduced my VBS code in order to contain the error origin and I am trying to run a simple code I found in the internet, with a simple CreateObject statement for SAS.

C:\windows\system32\cscript.exe H:\Filipe_Vieira\DEVS\EGScript1.vbs

EGScript1.vbs

'force declaration of variables in VB Script

Option Explicit

Dim Application

On Error Resume Next

Set Application = CreateObject("SASEGObjectModel.Application.5.1")

If Err.Number <> 0 Then

WScript.Echo "Error: " & Err.Description

MsgBox "Error: " & Err.Description

Else

WScript.Echo Application.Name & ", Version: " & Application.Version

Application.Quit

End If

I do not understand why this code isn't working and I'm running out of options to solve this, so I really could use some input from you guys

Apart this option is there any alternatives? How could i run my EGP file?

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
ocauser
Calcite | Level 5

Just one aditional note. If i remove the credentials.xml from its place, I get the desired output in cmd line for EGScript1.vbs, however, I also get this strange pop up (attached)Untitled.png

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Speak to your IT support for this application.  Explain what you want to do.  They should be able to provide a solution.  It looks like you do not have access of a certain kind.  Why do you need to use VB script to run your project in the first place?  Is it scheduling, then your IT support should provide scheduling software and help you set it up.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation