BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nyioves
Calcite | Level 5

Can I get data for the elearning course 1 in SAS on Demand for Academics? I am using the web based one and not the using a virtual machine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you open any of our e-learning courses, there are explicit instructions for how to create the course data using the SAS OnDemand server. Basically you follow the steps under SAS OnDemand for Academics in the Course Overview section. Unfortunately, I can't attach a screen shot, but the basic method is:

1) create a folder up on the OnDemand server. Name the folder something related to the class. For example, name the folder for Programming 1: ECPRG193 and name the folder for Programming 2: ECPRG293

2) After you make a folder, issue your LIBNAME statement, as instructed in step 4 (there are 10 steps under Task 1) step 4 says:

%let path=FILEPATH;

libname orion "&path";

and on my SAS OnDemand Account, I used this code to make my LIBNAME statement:

%let path=/home/<username>/ecprg193;

libname orion "&path";

You are instructed to run this LIBNAME statement and then save the LIBNAME program as setup.sas.

3) Next, in Task 2, you are instructed to copy and paste code from a popup window into your SAS Studio editor and run the code. When you run the code, it will make ALL the datasets up on the server for you.

cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you open any of our e-learning courses, there are explicit instructions for how to create the course data using the SAS OnDemand server. Basically you follow the steps under SAS OnDemand for Academics in the Course Overview section. Unfortunately, I can't attach a screen shot, but the basic method is:

1) create a folder up on the OnDemand server. Name the folder something related to the class. For example, name the folder for Programming 1: ECPRG193 and name the folder for Programming 2: ECPRG293

2) After you make a folder, issue your LIBNAME statement, as instructed in step 4 (there are 10 steps under Task 1) step 4 says:

%let path=FILEPATH;

libname orion "&path";

and on my SAS OnDemand Account, I used this code to make my LIBNAME statement:

%let path=/home/<username>/ecprg193;

libname orion "&path";

You are instructed to run this LIBNAME statement and then save the LIBNAME program as setup.sas.

3) Next, in Task 2, you are instructed to copy and paste code from a popup window into your SAS Studio editor and run the code. When you run the code, it will make ALL the datasets up on the server for you.

cynthia

Nyioves
Calcite | Level 5

that works thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation