BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASuser13579
Calcite | Level 5

I currently use SAS 9.1.

I have a library that is attached to an external folder. I want to change this external location permanently, so that the library will already be connected to that folder when SAS opens, without using any code.

Does anyone know how to change a library's settings permanently?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

A library definition is a reference to a network location.  So if you had:

a:\alocation\subdirectory

You would create libname reference to this e.g.:

libname mylib "a:\alocation\subdirectory";

If I move the files in that directory somewhere else I close the libname and re-assign:

libname mylib clear;

libname mylib "a:\somewhereelse";

So somewhere in you programs, or startup files (autoexec.sas ?) there will be definitions to setup libnames.  It is there that you would need to assign them to point at a new area.

SASuser13579
Calcite | Level 5

Ok I will try that. Thank you for your help!

ballardw
Super User

One way in Base SAS is to go to the tools menu and select New Library which will let you set the name, location, various options and a check box to "enable at startup" which will make the library available at each start of a SAS session.

But I generally use code referenced in Autoexec.sas for my permanent libraries as I have had issues with registry type items not surviving updates and or OS changes.

SASuser13579
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to change the settings of a library that's already created without creating a whole new library?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation