BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mantubiradar19
Quartz | Level 8

I tried to run the HWE test using following procedure  - And I got the following error

ERROR: There are no individuals with any non-missing genotypes.

One of the my observation has value Undeter instead of AA or GG etc 

How can I fix this issue?

proc allele data=SNP393_A outstat=ld prefix=Marker
perms=10000 boot=1000 seed=123 genocol;
var g1-g5;
run;

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not familiar with the procedure ALLELE but the error you are getting suggests that your variables g1 to g5 contain only missing values. These variables need to be populated for at least some of your data rows to fix the error.  

mantubiradar19
Quartz | Level 8
My variable is a Char type with length of 6 and looks like AA GG CC AT GC etc
mantubiradar19
Quartz | Level 8

This is how my dataset looks like! 

Capture.JPG
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Read the documentation for the PROC ALLELE statement:

GENOCOL

indicates that columns specified in the VAR statement contain genotypes instead of alleles. When this option is specified, there is one column per marker. The genotypes must consist of the two alleles separated by a delimiter. For a genotype with one missing allele, use a blank space to indicate a missing value; if both alleles are missing, either use a single missing value for the entire genotype or use the delimiter alone.

(Bold and underline by me)

mantubiradar19
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks KurtBremser! I solved it this way

proc allele data=SNP393_A outstat=ld
perms=10000 boot=1000 seed=123 genocol delimiter='';
var g1-g5;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation