BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Robert_Klein_ND
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello all.

I am trying to import a .csv file using SAS 9.4 and very simple code:

PROC IMPORT 
DATAFILE= "DATA combined.csv" 
OUT= Work.ONe 
REPLACE; 
RUN;

I am receiving the following error:

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, G:\My Drive\Robinson Lab\4. THESIS PROJECT\Data
Results\DATA combined.csv.
ERROR: Import unsuccessful. See SAS Log for details.

Problematically, the file path is correct.  I just started using Google Drive's "file stream" service, and maybe this makes a difference? If I copy the entire folder to my desktop, it imports without error.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks! Robbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I don't have any issues with Box or Google Drive. Is that the G path on your drive? Best way to get it, is to navigate to file, hold down SHIFT and Right Click, then select Copy as Path and paste that into the Filename reference. This assumes that you've installed Google Drive within your OS. If you're using an Enterprise version that's more of a shared network it may be different. 

filename myfile 'G:\My Drive\Robinson Lab\4. THESIS PROJECT\Data Results\DATA combined.csv';
PROC IMPORT OUT=One
DATAFILE= myfile
dbms=csv
REPLACE; 
RUN;

PS. Don't put period in your folder names, it's a recipe for issues down the road for a multitude of reasons.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

I don't have any issues with Box or Google Drive. Is that the G path on your drive? Best way to get it, is to navigate to file, hold down SHIFT and Right Click, then select Copy as Path and paste that into the Filename reference. This assumes that you've installed Google Drive within your OS. If you're using an Enterprise version that's more of a shared network it may be different. 

filename myfile 'G:\My Drive\Robinson Lab\4. THESIS PROJECT\Data Results\DATA combined.csv';
PROC IMPORT OUT=One
DATAFILE= myfile
dbms=csv
REPLACE; 
RUN;

PS. Don't put period in your folder names, it's a recipe for issues down the road for a multitude of reasons.

Robert_Klein_ND
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks! Nice fast solution. Works great.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation