Help using Base SAS procedures

ERROR: Java virtual machine exception. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

Occasional Contributor

ERROR: Java virtual machine exception. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

Hi, I'm not sure where to ask this question but hopefully someone can help.  I'm running Sas on Vmware Fusion and when I try to use a proc panel on my large data sets(400K up to 1mil+ obs) I get this error:

The thing is it still gives me regression analysis and coefficients.  I'm not sure if the analysis is correct or not or exactly what is going on.  Can anyone help?

Super User

Have you tried searching the SAS Notes? I found over 20 notes related to this error including this:

http://support.sas.com/kb/42/904.html

While the circumstances that generated the error may be different it is worthwhile trying the documented suggestions to see if it helps your situation.

If none of the suggestions help then raising a Technical Support track may be the next option.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation