BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Wafflecakes
Calcite | Level 5

SAS Community, 

I am trying to run a proc phreg with a model like so:

proc phreg data=cars;
class year (ref=‘0’) miles (ref=‘0’) gas (ref='0') model (ref=‘0’) cost(ref=‘0’) yearbought (ref=‘0’);
model (t1, t2) *censor(0)= year miles gas model cost yearbought /ties=efron rl;
output out=Mustang 
dfbeta=dfbvar1 dfbvar2 dfbvar3 dfbvar4 dfbvar5 dfbvar6 
ressch=scoenvar1
ressco=scorevar scorevar2 scorevar3 scorevar4 scorevar5 scorevar6
run;

ERROR: Insufficient space in file WORK.'SASTMP-000000401'n.UTILITY.
ERROR: FILE WORK.'SASTMP-000000401'n.UTILITY is damaged. I/0 processing did not complete.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?  
5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You've run out of disk space in your SAS WORK library. Where are you running your program? On a PC, on a remote SAS server?

If it's on a PC check the space on your hard drive.

Wafflecakes
Calcite | Level 5
remove server. I have no choice but to work in the library it seems and I have tried other options like clearing it as much as possible.
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

There are a number of useful tips here https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings15/3196-2015.pdf which might help

Wafflecakes
Calcite | Level 5

Besides the lack of disk-space, I am trying to diagnose the problem.  Could it be that there is something 'wrong' with the code itself?

Wafflecakes
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for that Chris. I found the compress option interesting. I am still having the same issue except now the error shows up when I try to run the same analysis that worked successfully in the past. Does anyone know how to deal with that?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation