BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6
A while ago I came across some SAS code that would display the number of CPUs that SAS sees. I have now lost the code and I need it again. Can anyone please post the code which displays this? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
What CPU environment and operating system? You mention SAS code or do you mean SAS CONFIG option? The CONFIG option is CPUID, it must be specified at SAS invocation time, and the information is presented at the start of the SASLOG.

Depending on your SAS processing environment, there may be an external call to get the desired info.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I guess that CPUCOUNT=is the proper system option here. CPUID specifies the id of the CPU (mainly used in ZOS environments). The &sysncpu automatic macro variable displays the setting of CPUCOUNT.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks everyone. Together with your ideas, I created the following code which tells me how many CPUs that SAS sees on any platform.--John

signon servername or mainframename;
rsubmit;
data work.temp;
var=&sysncpu;
run;
proc print;
run;
endrsubmit;
signoff;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation