Help using Base SAS procedures

Detecting Page Break in PDF Output in PROC REPORT

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Detecting Page Break in PDF Output in PROC REPORT

Am using proc report and my user has asked about a feature I thought I saw somewhere online. But I can't seem to find it now that I am actually looking for it.

The issue is to show group/order values on the first row of a new page when the group extends to a second page. I seem to recall an example doing it with temp/data step variables in a compute block.

Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-16-2016 07:53 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Detecting Page Break in PDF Output in PROC REPORT

Hi, Don:
Have you tried SPANROWS??? New in 9.2???
http://support.sas.com/kb/35/544.html described here for ODS RTF -- I think it also works for ODS PDF.

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-16-2016 07:53 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, Don:
Have you tried SPANROWS??? New in 9.2???
http://support.sas.com/kb/35/544.html described here for ODS RTF -- I think it also works for ODS PDF.

cynthia
Regular Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas
Thanks Cynthia. Just tested it and it seems to work for a single group variable. More testing to do, but looks good so far. Thx for the pointer.

Now if only I can get it to say continued or something like that on the sucessive pages. That would be the icing on the cake. I tried a few things using temp vars and posttext, but could not get it to work. Do you have any ideas/suggestions?
SAS Super FREQ

Ah, if you switched to TAGSETS.RTF, you CAN get "continued" when a table breaks across a page. Which is pretty cool...but I don't think it works for PDF -- it's built into the RTF tags.

It's probably too much trouble to build the RTF and then distill the RTF to PDF.

cynthia
🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation