BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
redfishJAX
Calcite | Level 5
Please help...I am trying to run a loop and output all records within the by group until the runbal is less than or equal to 0. Obs in bold is what I want to output.

Here is the abbreviated dataset:
custid$ oblgid$ runbal
1234 A 1536
1234 A 0

1234 A 1536 (do not want this one to output)
1235 A 0
1236 A 500
1236 A 0

1236 A -500 (do not want this one to output)

Here is what I have so far, but can't seem to think of a way to get the right output. If I do a DO UNTIL 0 then it only outputs one row.

DATA MAXOBS_GT2_PAYDOWN;

SET MAXOBS_GT2;
BY CUSTID OBLGID;
RETAIN RUNBAL;
IF FIRST.OBLGID THEN DO;
RUNBALTEMP=CURRBALAMT;
RUNBAL=RUNBALTEMP;
END;
RUNBALTEMP=RUNBAL;
RUNBAL=RUNBALTEMP-PAID;

RUN;

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
In the DATA step, use an OUTPUT statement, making it's execution conditional on your required IF/THEN condition, such as:

IF A LT TOT_A THEN OUTPUT;
redfishJAX
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks...

But I am not sure it will work since I don't always want to output if the condition is true. I want to output the obs until the value gets to zero (also output the zero value as well). The following obs after the value is zero, I want to exclude.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Suggest you try some IF / THEN coding in your DATA step - add self-checking diagnostic statement such as:

PUTLOG '>DIAG> I am here.' / _ALL_;

With this additional log output, you will see each SAS variable value as your DATA step iterates -- you may need to put in multiple PUTLOG statements to experiment with your program.

I suspect that you can address your "conditional output" scenario with some statement in the form:

IF () THEN OUTPUT;

and you may need to keep a running SAS temporary numeric variable, either using possibly some combination of accumulation with a RETAIN and then DROP the temp variable.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation