BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NoorulIyn
Calcite | Level 5

Hey All,

I have installed the university edition of SAS and learning the base programming .I have created a library using libname statement with a valid name.I can create the library but my library is not shown as a library in the library folder.Instead i can the see the library name in my folders tab.Also i can see the temp_o library in the library section with the same dataset on it.Can anyone  explain me here .I appreciate your help.

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

Please post a pic of your log and the library window.

Also, note that the libname folder statement is case sensitive since SAS UE is on a unix system.

NoorulIyn
Calcite | Level 5

;

43 libname test "/folders/myfolders/test";

NOTE: Libref TEST was successfully assigned as follows:

Engine: V9

Physical Name: /folders/myfolders/test

Then once i close the seeion test library was not in place.it was shown under the folders tab.

naveen_srini
Quartz | Level 8

The libref test is basically a reference name that points to folder where your datasets reside.  The libname statement establishes a connection between your SAS windowing environment and the folder with your libref engine. When your session is open, you should be able to comfortably read and write SAS datasets in your test library that points to your folder by the name test, which perhaps all your datasets.

Use a two level reference name to read your sas datasets in your test library after running your libname statement such as libref.datasetname1, libref.datasetname2 and so on.

HTH,

Naveen Srinivasan

L&T Infotech

Reeza
Super User

Unfortunately a libname does not stay between sessions using the libname statement.

If you want to create a library that exists between sessions, click on the Libraries link in SAS UE (left hand side by folders). Click Create Library, the first 'filing cabinet' and then click the box that says:

Recreate at startup - add to auto exec

There should be a way to do this via code Smiley Sad

You could also modify the autoexec file yourself and include the libname statement there.

NoorulIyn
Calcite | Level 5

yes i tried that way.So that is a limitation on UE or on other edition too.how does the orion library stays in the library in SASUE.

Reeza
Super User

Just to reiterate, you can create permanent libraries, place the libname code in the autoexec or use the GUI menu.

It was probably created by modifying the auto exec somehow.

AFAIK it  is a limitation in all SAS BASE/UE versions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation