BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mvk_sas
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Question  A

I have situation where i need convert the SAS datasets into the flat files irrespective how many varaiables or how much data it has . ( i am trying out in such a way that if i give dataset name it should convert the data into flat file)

"One observation should be read as single like example i am going to assign varchar(3000)  so on."

Question  B

Coverting the flat file into the sas dataset even in this case also i am not about the size but should read the variables and coloums data.

Any help would really be apprciated .. I am trying out from end as well.

MVK

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not sure about your requirements, but try to start with PROC EXPORT/IMPORT, and see if they can do what you need.

Data never sleeps
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Check out Chris' blog posting. Either you can use his Enterprise Guide task, or it may give you some ideas to do it yourself.

Tom

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2013/01/21/turn-your-data-set-into-a-data-step-program/

mvk_sas
Calcite | Level 5

Just for understanding this what i am looking at

mydataset has following observation in that.

First_name Last_name  Enumber

Mike          Dell               1234

when i read the data into flat file i want it this way

First_name,Last_name,Enumber

Mike,Dell,1234

This what i am looking for??

Any help on this is apprciated.

MVK

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

PROC EXPORT!

Data never sleeps
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Yes, the format that you are showing is termed "csv", for comma-separated-values. This is easy do to with SAS. As Linus suggests, check out PROC EXPORT.

Tom

Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

and if you don't like proc export

data _null_ ;

file 'your.csv' dsd lrecl=30000 ;

set your.data ;

put (_all_)(:) ;

run ;

Probably a good idea also to write the proc contents output data set into a matching csv

Then the reciever of the data has an idea about the datatypes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation