BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
smunigala
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all!

I have a data set with tumor sizes (in centemeter) measured by physicians for different patients. The data set is divided into two groups (randomized). So each patient is randomized to either group 1 or group 2. After the tumor size is predicted by the physician, it is compared to the gold standard (automated computer generated size).

I need to determine which group has a better accuracy/ or prediction closer to gold standard.

Can anyone suggest me a SAS procedure to compare two groups relative to the gold standard tumor size prediction?

Thank you so much!

Sat

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Do you have the result of the "gold standard" comparison? How is the result recorded?

It may be that a good starting point would be a simple t-test of the mean difference percentage with the "gold standard".

smunigala
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I do have the "gold standard" as size of tumor (in centemeter). Tumor size is measured in centemeter for group 1, group 2 and for "gold standard".

Reeza
Super User

You have continuous data.

I would assume you would be creating a variable is the difference between the tumour and gold standard. And then evaluate the two groups by a variety of methods. A simple T-Test or proc NPAR1way to look at the difference between the distribution of the two groups. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation