08-20-2015 01:17 PM
The regular click path to do this in EG 7.1 is: Tasks --> Data --> Upload Data Files to Server. But if the choice is grayed out, you will need to work with your SAS Administrator -- they may not want you uploading files to the server and may have reserved this ability to administrators.
08-20-2015 03:34 PM
It is only be possible if the SAS server can reference your local machine drives. Talk to your IT admin folks. Often they don't allow this for security reasons. Another possibility would be to have a common folder location where a network share would be accessible to both you and the SAS server (\\server\common share\Myfolder)
08-21-2015 03:10 AM
To transfer files, several methods may be used
- Use EG, as described
- if SAS is present on both hosts in question, and CONNECT is licensed, (only) SAS datasets can be up/downloaded
- use a file transfer method (SFTP, PuTTY, ...) tro transfer files. Most servers have the ssh server daemon installed and running. Windows servers may be quite a hassle, though, because of licensing and the intrinsic dumbness of Windows as such.
- use a shared network resource visible to your client and the server
- mount a server resource on your local PC
- mount a resource of your local PC on the server