BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Not sure if this is the right spot for this item, but....

I'm trying to run a query from within Web Report Studio, but keep getting the following error message: "Error rendering the report". I've submitted the problem to tech support, but haven't heard from them for several days.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem before? If you have, what did you do to resolve the issue? Incidentally, we are running from three servers, and not from our desktops.

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you say "running a query", I'm not sure what you mean. You can use an Information Map to access a data source and design a report in WRS (and, yes, there is a query behind the info map) OR you can execute a stored process in WRS that could have a query inside the SP. So, the way that you're "running a query" becomes important here.

Generally, if you're using an Information Map, inside the confines of a report designed in WRS, I would not expect rendering errors -- because your choices in report design are only those choices that CAN be rendered using the SASReport XML model.

So, I'm wondering whether you have a Stored Process that is not rendering correctly or is generating this rendering error when you execute the SP from within WRS. My question would be (if it is indeed an SP that is giving you the error message): Does this SP work in other client applications. If the application fails in WRS, but then runs in EG successfully, then I would say that there is something in your code that is incompatible with the WRS SASReport XML rendering model.

If you are having rendering problems with a report (either SP or Info Map based) that was previously working in WRS, then there are other possibilities for causes of this error.

When I go to http://support.sas.com and enter this string
Error rendering report WRS

into the search box. The first 5 hits have this exact error message. So, apparently, there are scenarios that can cause this error message that fall outside of the scenario I described above (which is only 1 of the hits).

I think pursuing this issue with Tech Support still is the the right direction for your question.

cynthia

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply, Cynthia,

I agree that this should be better handled by tech support, however, we haven't heard anything from tech support for several days, which is why I worote to the forum instead.

We'll keep pushing the issue, but in the meanwhile, our users are starting to complain a bit louder as each day goes by.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation