BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I've been trying to educate myself on CHAID but preliminary search shows the only way to build/run a model in SAS is by using the Enterprise Miner. Is that true? I don't have the Miner, just Enterprise Guide.

Can anyone please direct me to sample code in SAS for a CHAID analysis?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

Personally, I don't really think there's a good workaround for not having EM in SAS.

Typically I resort to R when I need to do CHAID or CART

spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7

So proc split and proc arboretum are redundant now? I hear that the EM is an expensive option....

Reeza
Super User

I don't have proc split or arboretum in my package, so I suppose that's a factor. What license do they come under?

spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm not entirely sure...I tries looking online for a bit, but the answer is hidden somewhere. In any case, I'll post again if I find some useful information on the same.

spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza,

Need your help with the decision trees. I built out a tree using the party package in R but need some help with interpreting the results and improving the tree. Can you please direct me to any documentation that can help me with this? Thanks!

spg
Obsidian | Level 7 spg
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation