BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
omega1983
Calcite | Level 5

Proc sql;

Create table mkt1 as

Select a.id,

a.status_cd,

a.sub_category,

a.template1,

a.balance1,

b.State_Abbr

from datamart1       a

left join States    b

on a.state_marker=b.state_marker

where (a.subcategory in (‘F’,’N’) and

balance1 >0  and

(a.status_cd ne ‘S’ and a.status_cd ne ‘Y’) and

(a.template1 ne ‘X’ and a.template1 ne ‘G’));

quit;

I ran this code above.  In checking the data, it did not eliminate the status_cd of 'S' or 'Y'.  I then took out the brackets for the status_cd and reran it.  It is running forever now and will not stop.  I want to eliminate the status_cd and the template1 that I have specified. The brackets are balanced so how come they fo not eliminate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I think you're looking for

a.status_cd not in ("S", "Y") and a.template1 not in ("X", "G") instead of all the ands

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

I think you're looking for

a.status_cd not in ("S", "Y") and a.template1 not in ("X", "G") instead of all the ands

omega1983
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks. It worked like a charm

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation