Help using Base SAS procedures

BIG PROBLEM with floating point overflow on sas 9.4 1M1 X64_8Home

New Contributor

BIG PROBLEM with floating point overflow on sas 9.4 1M1 X64_8Home

Hello

I have a big problem with floating point overflow on sas 9.4 1M1 X64_8Home.

A few days ago, I moved from the sas 9.2 2Mo W32_VSPRO on sas 9.4 1M1 X64_8Home and when using proc neural I get an error floating point overflow.

The situation is so strange that the same program running on sas 9.2 2Mo W32_VSPRO on the same data does not appear this error.

For me it's so strange that sas corp allows himself to such errors.

I read all the posts about this problem on the forum but outside the installation fixa (for sas 9.4 doesn't have) have not found a specific than what I could use in my case.

Very very please help to repair this error.

Thank you for your help.

Super User

Re: BIG PROBLEM with floating point overflow on sas 9.4 1M1 X64_8Home

You should contact tech support.

Proc Neural is one most people won't have access to test, which is also harder if you haven't included any code.

New Contributor

program code and data are very personal

Respected Advisor

Somebody in the   community might have encountered the same problem. Try posting there.

PG

PG
PROC Star

I agree that you should contact tech support. From my quick look at supported operating systems (see: SAS Supported Operating Systems, x64_8home doesn't appear to be on the list.

Trusted Advisor

Go for SAS TS and give some feed-back. You had a program/data working once (old version).

With a newer SAS version fully supported Level A it dumps. As you are out of date not having the latest version I am expecting the answer: "you should upgrade"

Still a bad situation that with on going improvements with the SAs relases there are that many new bugs crashing programs once did run.  

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation