BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Marjolein
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

This afternoon I decided to plot my hazard ratio's and confidence intervals in a forest plot (horizontal bars). However, when I plot my effect sizes and confidence intervals, they are not symmmetrical (e.g. the length from the effect size to the upper and lower bound are not equal....). I have no clue how this could have happened.

I obtained by data with the PHREG procedure. The piece of syntax I used looks basically like this:

PROC PHREG data=mydata;

CLASS var1 var2 var3/ref=first;

MODEL survival*censor(0) = var1 var2 var3 / RL;

RUN;

Really hope someone can help me out!

Kind regards,

Marjolein

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I believe this is correct. Your likely plotting on a linear scale, while the model developed is an exponential model. 

Answe is similar to this :

http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/4713/binomial-confidence-interval-estimation-why-is-it-not-...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

I believe this is correct. Your likely plotting on a linear scale, while the model developed is an exponential model. 

Answe is similar to this :

http://stats.stackexchange.com/questions/4713/binomial-confidence-interval-estimation-why-is-it-not-...

Marjolein
Obsidian | Level 7

Ah! That makes sense!!! Thank you so much. This is quite a relief 🙂

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

By default the oddsratio plot is on a linear scale. You can use the LOGBASE=10 option on the PLOTS=ODDSRATIO option to generate the oddsratio plot on a log scale, which I think is more natural. See the discussion and example in the article "Odds ratio plots with a logarithmic scale in SAS."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation