BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alyssa
Calcite | Level 5

When I connected to Hosted SAS using RDP, the program contains two parts, data step and proc report.
Recenty, the procedure for proc report is failed, it encounted with the "error: An exception has been encountered" and SAS is suspended, the final rtf is cutted.

Sometime I run this program is ok and the final rtf is complete, but recently it does not work. However, I didn't cnage any code in this program ever. Now it is still failed when I run this program, even though I run many times. It means I cannot get incomplete output in rtf file as before.

I am wondering if anyone has the same issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You could run into memory problems depending on the size of the input data. Or your environment (available memory etc) is different between runs (other processes might have used up RAM/disk space that you need)

alyssa
Calcite | Level 5

Sometimes the input dataset maybe only few raws, it also encounted this problem. But the same program is work before just need to run more times. I am not sure if it is possible due to the memory setting is different between runs because I have no idea how to check...we run on the server via RDP....

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Sounds like you need to speak with your IT helpdesk/Hosting provider.  Without information about what your setup is, what code you are running etc. its near on impossible to diagnose.  Could be anything from network connectivity, your code generating vast amounts of log/output, host running out of storage space, bad installation etc.

alyssa
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the advise. You mentioned about "your code generating vast amounts of log/output, host running out of storage space,..."

where or how can I identify the situation is possible caused by running out space or meomry? Because I spoke with our IT, they thought it maybe caused by program code bug in proc report...

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

What SAS are you running?  There should be a log/output somewhere, Base SAS generall has the results window and the log, I don't use EG so not sure.  When most SAS installs start up they are allocated a temporary area, thats probably a good area to start with, though check where your output is being directed, i.e. if you have an ods rtf file="..." for instance, then look in that directory.

alyssa
Calcite | Level 5

I used hsted SAS EG, usually we redirect our log file into specific folder, but I've tried to delete all log files and run again, it still failed.
The code related to proc report as below:

proc report data=TFL.xxxxx missing nowd headline spacing=1 split='~' formchar(2)="__" 

style(report)={just=left outputwidth=100%}

style(header)=[asis=on just=left];  

column ("&span" trtarm  pagenum  siteid c1 subjid c2 c3 c4 astdt aendt c5 c6 c7 c8 c9 c10 c11 c12 c13);

define trtarm/ order noprint;

define  pagenum  / order noprint order= internal;

define siteid/order noprint order=data;

define c1    / display   left "Site" flow  order=data group

style(column)={cellwidth=0.12 in just=  left  asis=on};  

define subjid/order noprint order=data;

define C2   / display    left "Subject~ID" flow  order=data group

style(column)={cellwidth=0.1 in just=  left  asis=on};  

define astdt/order noprint order=data;

define aendt/order noprint order=data;

break after  pagenum  / page;

compute before  pagenum  ;

line @1 "Treatment group = "   trtarm $35. ;

endcomp;

compute after _page_/left;                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

line @1 "&&f_t13&num._1.";                                                                                                           

line @1 "&&f_t13&num._2."; 

line @1 "&&f_t13&num._3."; 

endcomp;

where trtarm in ("ABC","DEF"); 

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation