BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasnewbie12
Obsidian | Level 7

I am conducting a two-factorial anova analysis with only one observation per cell. 

How can I run the proc glm statement? I will add an interaction term for the two factors: factor a* factor b; 

Proc glm data=mydata;

class factor1 factor2;

model y= factor1  factor2  factor1*factor2;  run;

I am currently getting having an issue and the error SS and MS is coming up as 0.00; 

I need to also break down the error SS into residual and interaction parts. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
sasnewbie12
Obsidian | Level 7

How can I get sas to display the SS and MS for each factor in the ANOVA table? There is only the model and error information. 

Thanks

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This sounds like a data problem. What do you mean by "one observation per cell"?

How many observations in the data set? How many observations in each factor?

You can count the observations in each factor and in all by using the following call to PROC FREQ:

proc freq data=mydata;
   tables factor1*factor2;
run;

sasnewbie12
Obsidian | Level 7

Its not a data issue. This is a two factor design, and there are one observations within each factor combination. 

How can I get ANOVA to display the SS and MS for each effect? It only give me the full model and error effects. I tried using the test statement as follows:

Test h=[effect of interest] e=??? ;

I am not sure what to put in the error statement, I just want it with the default error of MSE(mean squared error). 

Thanks

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Show us your output from PROC GLM. Show us the result of running PROC FREQ as suggested above by Rick.

Do not reply with words but not showing us your output. Show us both outputs. Not one of the two outputs requested, show us both.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation