BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
maxime
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I have been trying for days to make a 2-stage regression on SAS 9.3, but I don’t think it’s the right tool for what I want to do. I want to estimate 3 models, which are not independent from each other, in the same regression. My professor told me to do a 2SLS, so I tried to do it, but in the second stage I only have one dependent variable estimated. The syslin procedure does not sound adapted to my case, from what I read online and experienced.

I’m using time-series data. Here are the 3 models, with a simple reg procedure.

proc reg data=Data.data;

model log(DepVar1) = log(Exogenous1) log(DepVar2) Dummy1 Dummy2 Dummy3 Dummy4 InstrumentVar;

run;

proc reg data=Data.data;

model log(DepVar2) = log(Exogenous1) log(DepVar1/DepVar3) Dummy1 InstrumentVar1 InstrumentVar2;

run;

proc reg data=Data.data;

model log(DepVar3) = lag(log(DepVar3)) log(Exogenous 1);

run;

And here is the syslin procedure, that gives interesting results but does not estimate DepVar2 and DepVar3 in the second stage.

proc syslin data=Data.data 2sls first;

endogenous logcargoYield;

instruments log(Exogenous1) log(Exogenous2)  Dummy1 Dummy2 Dummy3 Dummy4 InstrumentVar log(DepVar1/DepVar3) log(DepVar3)  lag(log(DepVar3));

model log(DepVar1) = log(Exogenous1) log(DepVar2) Dummy1 Dummy2 Dummy3 Dummy4 InstrumentVar;

model log(DepVar2) = log(Exogenous1) log(DepVar1/DepVar3) Dummy1 InstrumentVar1 InstrumentVar2;

model log(DepVar3) = lag(log(DepVar3)) log(Exogenous 1) ;

run;

Does someone have an idea of what procedure I could use ?

Thanks for any advice!

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I don't really have a clue how to help, but try posting this in the Forecasting forum.  The folks there, esp may be able to help you out.

Steve Denham

maxime
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Steve, I'll try posting this on the forecasting forum then.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation