BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndrewBrown
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to get a list of currently-running SAS jobs, and the user who ran it.  Sort of an equivalent for ps -ef for finding all the running processes on Unix.

I'd like to do this so that I could sample who is using SAS at regular intervals, and build a profile of usage of SAS in my organization.

Is there a good way to do this, or are there other tools to help me understand usage of a given SAS deployment across the organization?

Thanks,

Andrew Brown

2 REPLIES 2
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

For auditing purposes use audit tools. The complete one is on the OS level.  A start cab be made wit sas using the apm tools. Look at SIEM concepts for generic background.

Sas is an application for the os level it is a mistake trying to overrule that although I see Carry persons thinking that way.

Please specify your logical question more detailed.

I am assuming operational or regulations as original trigger.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
varunzizou
Calcite | Level 5

I use the following command to get a list of currently running SAS processes.

1) top -p $(pgrep -d',' sas) or

2) This command helps when Linux complains about too many search results when you use above mentioned command "  top -p $(pgrep sas | head -20 | tr "\\n" "," | sed 's/,$//')  "

Not sure if is this what you are looking for.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation