BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Coa_SAs
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I need some SAS methods that we could prepare a data entry form using SAS tools.(User Interface)  The idea is that the business users could enter data that would get written to a SAS dataset which is use to write reports
from.

For example:

-User could select a  ID from a dynamic list

-User could select a date-

User could enter a dollar amount

-How will the user view what they entered?

-How will the user view historical data?

-Can the user change an entry in case of a typo?

Please give me some ideas.

Thanks In Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

That sounds more like prompts. Look into prompts in EG and/or SAS Portal.

This assumes that you have a SAS Server.

Coa_SAs
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza, Thanks for your reply, Please let me know how to convert SAS dataset through the web interface data, If I create a web interface for data entry.

Reeza
Super User

Why do you need to convert a SAS dataset? I think we're having some 'translation' issues.

It sounds like you want the user to provide some information and then you either store or run  a report. The term is typically considered prompts. You can search this on lexjansen.com for multiple examples of how to implement a solution.

The second possible interpretation is that you need a data entry from where you're collecting information from users on a regular basis that would then fall under using SAS/AF, again you can search lexjansen.com with that term.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation