Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

157 proc iml;

NOTE: IML Ready

158 /* SLIDE 24 */

159 a={1 2 3, 4 5 6, 7 8 9};

159! * Create matrices A and B as matrix literals;

160 b={2 2 2};

161 show names;

There is a note and I cannot understand. Can anybody explain? Thanks.

Non-portable document will be produced. The current settings of FORMCHAR use nonstandard

line-drawing characters and the resulting output file will not render correctly unless all

readers of the document have the SAS Monospace font installed. To make your document

portable, issue the following command:

OPTIONS FORMCHAR="|----|+|---+=|-/\<>*";

4 REPLIES 4
IanWakeling
Barite | Level 11

I don't think this is anything to worry about.  The message is telling you that you have an ODS destination like HTML open, and that if you were to send the resulting HTML file to someone who did not have the SAS font installed, then the output would not look as intended - but it's cosmetic details about how borders are drawn around tables.  If you do as the note says and put the OPTIONS statement before PROC IML, then the note should go away.

ballardw
Super User

This most likely means that somewhere you are sending output to a listing destination and have used characters designed to make pretty boxes using actual line drawing characters instead of using dashes, pipe characters and plus signs. What ever document you created used the SAS Monospace font which many systems will not have available. The result is that whatever viewer is used by others may render your "box" or line characters in a very unpredictable (and on most default Microsoft platforms) ugly results because the Microsoft font "standard" does not include box drawing characters in most font fonts and those that do are not the same ASCII characters from font to font.

So either keep your current output with the potential for not nice final appearance OR change the system option using the recommended option and settle for output that looks like

+-------+-----+

| 23     |  47  |

+-------+-----+

Note than any viewer of the output not using a monospace font of some sort will have the lines out of alignment (almost) everywhere as the output is designed for monospace.

Or use ODS destinations.

Bal23
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you very much. I run it again and cannot find the note. So I do not try two of your options. Would anybody let me know why it does not show the note any more? It seems that I have changed any settings.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The warning only appears the first time that the issue occurs.  As Ian said, you can safely ignore the WARNING.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation