BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello experts,

Please,  when I use sas 9.4  IML proc, I get this message "sas iml error (execution) unable to allocate sufficient memory"uddenlly

So, How can I resolve it ?  I do not have this error message before for the same treatement  ? why ?

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Is this SAS/IML 14.1? Did you recently install 9.4?  Is this on a new machine? Is it on Windows?

My guess is that perhaps the MEMSIZE system option was set for the older version of SAS, but has not been set for the 9.4 version. (Or the older system was Linux and the new system is Windows.)

See the article "Large matrices in SAS/IML 14.1" for instructions about how to set the MEMSIZE system option so that SAS can use enough RAM to allocate your matrices.

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Rick_SAS: Thank you.

The old system was unix and the new system is lunix.

But now, the error message for sas 9.2 and sas 9.4  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation