BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ShufeGuoding
Obsidian | Level 7

When i run a optimization subroutine, the log window is full and pops up the message "Windows is full and must be cleared , Slect" , which makes me  click the selection cirle very often. Ifi running  the following first

FILENAME OUT DUMMY '/DEV/NULL';

PROC PRINTTO LOG=OUT;

as some people suggest, I will not get the error message when the convergence is not properly achieved. How can i handle that?

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you looked at some of the "More Like This" posts?

For example: https://communities.sas.com/message/54696#54696

If you want a complete log running in batch is worth considering.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You do not need to print out the intermediate results. It sounds ike you have set the options vector to print a lot of information, such as option[2]=4.

Instead, set option[2]=0.  When the oprimization finishes, check the value of the return code. If the return code is postitive, convergence was acheived; if the return code is negative, the optimization did not converge.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation