BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rups
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have the code for estimating mean cost and estimating the incremental effectivness Ratio using censored data from the SAS book "Analysis of Observational Health Care Data".

However, the code was written using the SAS?IML software. Unfortunately, i can not post the code here but anyone familiar with the code or if anyone knows any other SAS program to do the same please let me know.

Can anyone help/provide what modifications can i do to use it with base SAS?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The chance of someone helping will increase if you tell us which file contains the code, or provide a page reference for the book.The code from all SAS books are available for free. See Analysis of Observational Health Care Data Using SAS

If an author chooses to use SAS/IML software, it often means that the computation is cumbersome or unweildy in Base SAS procedures and the DATA step. When you provide more information, someone will advise you .

rups
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Rick,

I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for letting me know. 

It is the code from chapter 16. The code is on page 372-377. I am not familiar with IML at all and do not have SAS product either.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Rupali

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It looks like that code contains about 350 limes of IML programming, including a module that calls PROC LIFEREG and a DATA step.  I don't know whether it is possible to convert it to Base SAS or not, but it is not a small or quick task.  I certainly don't have the time to take on such a project. 

I'll let other people post their opinions, but I am not optimisitc that you will find someone who can convert this for free. If I had to guess, I'd estimate that a consultant would need 20 hours or more to try to convert/test/validate this code. It might actually be cheaper to license IM if this operation is essential and will be done many times.

Do you work at a big pharmaceutical company? A medical school? A university? Many of those institutions actually license SAS/IML already.

rups
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much for taking a look and letting me know.

Rupali

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation