BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
renc
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, Rick. It is good enough. I got it.

My purpose is to find an information matrix at convergence. To get it, I need to know the relationship between vec(A) and vec(A`), which is only one part of the information matrix.

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

In SAS/IML, the SHAPECOL function is used to generate vec(A).  You can use the SHAPE function to generate vec(A`) directly, without using any transpose operators.

Explicitly forming a permutation matrix is usually inefficient because you are using an nxn matrix to represent a permutation on N elements. I avoid permutation matrices whenever possible and use the permutation as a subscript index to map a vector to a permutation of iteself. However, if you insists on it, you can generate a permutation matrix from a permutation vector by using the function in this blog post: Automating the Great Christmas Gift Exchange - The DO Loop

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation