Statistical programming, matrix languages, and more

How to prevent the "note:xxxx" to be displayed in log window when IML is running?

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to prevent the "note:xxxx" to be displayed in log window when IML is running?

When i use create statement to create a data set in a  do iteration in IML, the message"note: a data set xxx has one varialbe and xx " pops up repeatedly in log window , which slows down the computaion. How to prevent that happens?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Super FREQ

Re: How to prevent the "note:xxxx" to be displayed in log window when IML is running?

All Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to prevent the "note:xxxx" to be displayed in log window when IML is running?

You can add "options nonotes;" before you start IML and this will suppress all such notes.  However I would not have thought that printing notes to the log would slow down your program by much.  If you are trying to create lots of small data sets, then perhaps think about collecting results together into a few larger matrices, as there should be less I/O overhead writing out the larger data sets.

Solution
3 weeks ago
SAS Super FREQ

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation