BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DocMartin
Quartz | Level 8
I'm trying to call R functions from within IML. To make sure SAS was set up properly, I ran PROC OPTIONS option=RLANG; The result I got indicated that the NORLANG option had been initiated. So, I tried looking for the SASV9.fcg file. But I wasn't able to locate a file with that exact name, even when searching in the SASHome directory and subdirectories. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do? Thanks! Andrew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The documentation for calling R from SAS/IML 

As RW9 says, it would be helpful to know how you are running SAS (EG? Display Manager?). Also, make sure that R is installed on the same machine as SAS.

If you are using PC SAS, you can find directions for modifying the sasv9.cfg file at the end of this article.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, you should be looking for SASV9.cfg - as in config.  However, you don't say what software you are using, where it is installed etc. 

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The documentation for calling R from SAS/IML 

As RW9 says, it would be helpful to know how you are running SAS (EG? Display Manager?). Also, make sure that R is installed on the same machine as SAS.

If you are using PC SAS, you can find directions for modifying the sasv9.cfg file at the end of this article.

DocMartin
Quartz | Level 8
Sorry, I meant SASV9.cfg There are scads of files with those names, so I chose the one in the \Programs\SASHome\SASFoundation directory. I added the -RLANG statement to it. Here's the output I get when I run PROC OPTIONS option=RLANG; NOTE: Library PHASE2 does not exist. NOTE: AUTOEXEC processing completed. 1 proc options option=RLANG; run; SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 9.4 TS1M2 NORLANG Disables SAS from executing R language statements. NOTE: PROCEDURE OPTIONS used (Total process time): real time 0.00 seconds cpu time 0.00 seconds I must still be doing something incorrectly, but what?
DocMartin
Quartz | Level 8
I found the correct cfg file and added the -RLANG option. So I'm good to go. Thanks!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation