BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BjoernHolzhauer
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to use R from within SAS on my company's Linux (Linux LIN X64) system. I had heard about the IML to R interface and I thought I would try that one and tried the following with SAS 9.4 M2 with SAS/IML 13.2:

PROC OPTIONS OPTION=RLANG; 
RUN;

SAS (r) Proprietary Software Release 9.4 TS1M2

RLANG Enables SAS to execute R language statements.

NOTE: PROCEDURE OPTIONS used (Total process time):

real time 0.00 seconds

cpu time 0.00 seconds

That looks good, right?

%put %sysget(R_HOME);

/CHBS/apps/R/3.0.2

Also good.

PROC IML; 
SUBMIT / R; 
 a <- 2 
 b <- 3 
 c <- a * b 
 paste("c:",c) 
ENDSUBMIT; 
QUIT;

At this point SAS hangs itself up (i.e. neither proceeds to do anything nor terminates) and on the Linux command prompt I get:

/CHBS/apps/dev_apps/SAS/9.4M2/SASFoundation/9.4/utilities/bin/tkrproxy: error while loading shared libraries: libRblas.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea what the problem is and whether I can solve it without having admin rights? If this is e.g. an issue with how R is installed and I need to go through our IT department, then I likely need to start looking for other solutions. If that's the case, are there any other suggestions for how to call R within SAS that are reasonably stable and allow me to hand over datasets in either direction (the main think I would be doing)?

2 REPLIES 2
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Any problems wiht your It-department?
"If this is e.g. an issue with how R is installed and I need to go through our IT department, then I likely need to start looking for other solutions"

It is the way how data-governance should be done, That is supported by  en involved with your It-department.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I think you or your IT dept needs to contact SAS Technical Support. It might be that the issue is how the R executable was built from source code. There are known issues about optimization flags that the compiler should/shouldn't use. Many of the compiler issues were resolved in SAS 9.4m3, but I'm sure Tech Support can give helpful advice for your versions of SAS and R.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation