BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AaroninMN
Obsidian | Level 7

With the SAS Global Forum now only about 2 months away, What part of The Quad are you most looking forward to visiting?  I normally visit this area for a while before the Sunday evening opening sessions.  I've seen some great presentations, learned a lot from Posters and enjoyed checking out the newest SAS features.  This year I am especially looking forward to checking out the SAS Analytics Explorers area (SAS's new social loyalty component).  I've enjoyed engaging  and sharing with this area.   Here is a link for more information - https://explorers.sas.com

18 REPLIES 18
SAS_DataRich
Obsidian | Level 7

I personally like going to look at the SAS books.  I also like to meander and just talk to the different SAS people. The Code Doctors area is also another good place to go.  You can talk to people who can help troubleshoot.

plf515
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I will certainly visit SAS Books to see if there's anything new to put on my "to be read" pile.

I don't think there's a schedule of SAS presentations yet, but I am sure there will be some I want to see - and if they are on your topic, they are always worthwhile.

The various vendors often have interesting things. I may see if any have work for me, as well.

Mostly, though, i look forward to the sort of casual interaction that happens at SAS conferences. For instance, I want to chat with SAS people who work in statistics and/or graphics . I have some comments, questions and suggestions (and praise).

PabloNogueras
Obsidian | Level 7

Hola All,

Favorite part of the Quad is talking with the people form R&D, Support, Consulting, et al who work with the products.  It is good to discuss how things work (or should work) and then see it in action.

Hasta

Pablo

rsantacruz
Explorer | Level 4

This will be my second time attending SAS Global Forum - the first year was so overwhelming, I am really looking forward to spending some time in The Quad this time around!

LauraJean
Obsidian | Level 7

The first time is overwhelming! I totally agree! Now that you have the first one under your belt this one will be easier. and spending time in the QUAD is absolutely necessary. It's a great place to network.

LauraJean
Obsidian | Level 7

Like others, I like the opportunity to view SAS books (before I purchase) and also network with other SAS users.

This year, there are a few E-Posters I am interested in especially Obtaining National Readmission Estimates: Examining Surgical Readmission Rates in the United States. Given that I analyze Medicare data as my occupation, this is of special interest to me. I want to explore if the National Readmissions Database (NRD) is something we can use with our current data analysis of Inpatient Claims.

sthomas10
Calcite | Level 5

My first stop in the Quad is always SAS Books.  Such a great discount on the books given and a great way to look through everyhing first.

bkrenning
Calcite | Level 5

Help out a newbie...  Exactly what is the Quad?  I know it is going to be overwhelming for me.  I just took over as the Sys Admin for our SAS and Viya servers..:)

sthomas10
Calcite | Level 5
You are going to LOVE the QUAD! It's a HUGE area devoted to SAS learning with e-Posters, demos, books, as well as a few other vendors. It's the place to be!
TBarker
Quartz | Level 8

Since this is your first SASGF, I suggest you attend the session for conference newbies if they're holding one this year. They'll tell you all about everything SASGF! @ShelleySessoms are they holding a conference newbies session this year? If so, it might be good to start a new topic introducing that session, so conference newbies will be aware of it.

~Tamara
LauraJean
Obsidian | Level 7

That's a great idea Tamara!

As one who has gone before,  SASGF can be a bit overwhelming the first time.

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8
I'm still overwhelmed sometimes and I've been to several SASGFs. 🙂 There's just so much to see and so many people to speak with and so little time to do it all.
~Tamara
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Good question, @TBarker. I suspect there will be a First-Timers session on Sunday afternoon. I'll ask the SAS coordinator, and have her start a new post about it. Thanks! 

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Sian
SAS Employee

It’s so exciting (and heartwarming) to see so many nice comments about the books!

The SAS Books booth is definitely the place to be – lots of books to browse while you mix with some of the authors (SAS rock stars!) and like-minded folk. We’ll have editors on hand to help with book selection and advice if you are thinking of sharing your expertise and writing a book.

Here at SAS Press we’ve been ramping up to get ready for our presence in the Quad. This year we will be bringing 64 titles and over 800 copies of books! We will, of course, be offering 20% off all titles, and keep an eye out for our Book of the Day – a title offered each day at a 30% discount – plus 30% off your entire order if you include the Book of the Day in your purchase!!

Sian

Publisher, SAS Press (so probably a bit biased about the books ;))