Data visualization with SAS programming

work.gseg doesn't exist error when trying to replay a gmap graph from a document store

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

work.gseg doesn't exist error when trying to replay a gmap graph from a document store

Hi,

I stored a test zipcode boundary graph into a permanent data store library, then exited SAS and came back in (Windows Server 2012R2 64 bit with SAS 9.4 TS1M3).  When I allocated the permanent library and tried to replay it with:

ods graphics on /noborder;

ods html;

proc document name=in.zipmap;

list \ /levels=all;

replay \GMap#1 /levels=all;

run;

quit;

I got:

ERROR: Catalog WORK.GSEG does not exist.

ERROR: Unable to replay graph.

in the log file.  But the Results Viewer window shows the graph exists in the document store per below.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--Ben

Listing of: \In.Zipmap\

Order by: Insertion

Number of levels: All

Obs

Path

Type

\GMap#1

Dir

\GMap#1\GMAP23#1

Graph

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎01-18-2017 08:12 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: work.gseg doesn't exist error when trying to replay a gmap graph from a document store

When you create GRSEG-based output in ODS documents, only the catalog reference is stored in the document. So, you need to write the catalog into permanent storage, such as SASUSER. Another alternative is to use a client device (activex, actximg, java, javaimg). In that case, the entire graph definition is written into the ODS document without the need for a catalog. However, you must replay it as a client device as well.

Hope this helps!

Dan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎01-18-2017 08:12 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: work.gseg doesn't exist error when trying to replay a gmap graph from a document store

When you create GRSEG-based output in ODS documents, only the catalog reference is stored in the document. So, you need to write the catalog into permanent storage, such as SASUSER. Another alternative is to use a client device (activex, actximg, java, javaimg). In that case, the entire graph definition is written into the ODS document without the need for a catalog. However, you must replay it as a client device as well.

Hope this helps!

Dan

Regular Contributor

Thanks Dan. That sheds some light in to it. The target in this instance is a PDF file. Would any of hose be applicable?

Ben
SAS Super FREQ

If you are on Windows, I would use ACTXIMG. On other platforms, you would need to use JAVAIMG.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation