BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I stored a test zipcode boundary graph into a permanent data store library, then exited SAS and came back in (Windows Server 2012R2 64 bit with SAS 9.4 TS1M3).  When I allocated the permanent library and tried to replay it with:

ods graphics on /noborder;

ods html;

proc document name=in.zipmap;

list \ /levels=all;

replay \GMap#1 /levels=all;

run;

quit;

I got:

ERROR: Catalog WORK.GSEG does not exist.

ERROR: Unable to replay graph.

in the log file.  But the Results Viewer window shows the graph exists in the document store per below.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--Ben

Listing of: \In.Zipmap\

Order by: Insertion

Number of levels: All

Obs

Path

Type

\GMap#1

Dir

\GMap#1\GMAP23#1

Graph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

When you create GRSEG-based output in ODS documents, only the catalog reference is stored in the document. So, you need to write the catalog into permanent storage, such as SASUSER. Another alternative is to use a client device (activex, actximg, java, javaimg). In that case, the entire graph definition is written into the ODS document without the need for a catalog. However, you must replay it as a client device as well.

Hope this helps!

Dan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

When you create GRSEG-based output in ODS documents, only the catalog reference is stored in the document. So, you need to write the catalog into permanent storage, such as SASUSER. Another alternative is to use a client device (activex, actximg, java, javaimg). In that case, the entire graph definition is written into the ODS document without the need for a catalog. However, you must replay it as a client device as well.

Hope this helps!

Dan

BenConner
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks Dan. That sheds some light in to it. The target in this instance is a PDF file. Would any of hose be applicable?

Ben
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

If you are on Windows, I would use ACTXIMG. On other platforms, you would need to use JAVAIMG.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation